“I really met a lot of great people and gained insightful knowledge about the MSP business. The other participants who I met seemed really energized by the event.”
-Loren Willaims, PCs for People
“I enjoyed the overall session yesterday, and the panel I was on as well. You’ve done a great job putting it all together. I was especially impressed with the caliber of people on my panel. Thank you for the opportunity.”
George Kriza, CEO – Challenging Decisions
“Thanks again for the great event! If I can do anything at all to be more involved to help, please feel free to let me know and ask! I love being involved in this community!”
Jeff Grenier, Field Engineering Manager – Firelands IT Services
“Thanks again for the MSP conference in Chicago last week. My associate Mario and I really enjoyed it and learned a ton while making some great connections.”
Jim Xintaris, IT Director – DavisPowers
Live events are back! From “real” custom content to networking with like-minded Managed Services Providers, this event was designed for you, the ATTENDEE, from the ground up. It’s not designed for vendors to provide over-the-top pitches.
What you’ll find:
- Content that is IMMEDIATELY ACTIONABLE. The host, SMB Nation, is well-known for being an MSP content machine and the MSP Rescue Roadshow is no different. Custom content was developed for this gathering not available anywhere else.
- “Blue Ocean” Inspiration and Motivation. The law of attraction is that optimistic successful people like successful people (and want to do business with them). Not only are our speakers and panelist esteemed and accomplished experts, so are many audience members.
- You have QUESTIONS and we have ANSWERS. The event format is interactive.
- Network Opportunities. Many MSPs believe the value of a LIVE EVENT is the in-person networking opportunities. This is true across any industry but particularly acute in the Small and Medium Business (SMB) space. Bring your business cards to share with peers that understand and get you.
- You are NOT ALONE! Working as an SMB MSP, while thrilling, can also be lonely. One of the great compliments we have received at our events is that you discover we’re all in this together and you are not alone.
WHAT IS IT?
It’s very simple.
Inspired by the popular TV cable show “Bar Rescue,” the MSP Rescue Roadshow realizes anyone, and everyone can improve their MSP operations. This one-day event focuses on success factors ranging from uncovering internal operational efficiencies to hedging your services, solutions and client offerings that include counter-cyclical elements.
Over the course of the day, in an audience interactive format, you will glean insights into the basic functions of directing an MSP practice from operations, sales and marketing, service delivery and strategic thinking.
By design, we have a comfortable start in the morning and conclude in the late afternoon.
This one-day event is akin to a continuing education day (such as lawyers and doctors attend) to help you STAY CURRENT.
Our presenters and panelists include:
- Harry (SMB MSP OG) Brelsford, CEO and Founder of SMB Nation
- Rayanne Buchianico, Owner, MSP Accountant and PSA Consultant at ABC Solutions, LLC
- Joe Moore, Partner – Centaris
- Mark Moreno, CEO – The Moreno Group
- Jesse Miller, Principal Consultant – PowerPSA
- Eric Shorr, CEO – Secure Future Tech Solutions
- Lisa Shorr, Vice President of Marketing – Secure Future Tech Solutions
- Frank Ohlhorst, Senior Analyst and CTO – Magnum Consulting
- George Sierchio, Executive Vice President and Sr. Partner – Cogent Growth Partners, LLC
- Peter Fidler, President and Founding Partner – WCA Technologies
- Mark Moreno, CEO – The Moreno Group, LLC
- Fran Blanco, Sr. Director of Marketing and People Operations, eMazzanti Technologies
- Roberto Cioffi, CTO & Co-Founder – Progressive Computing, Inc.
- Robert Patterson, Director of Sales and Marketing – Progressive Computing, Inc.
Check back often as we are adding more amazing speakers!
This event has the SMB Nation stamp of approval and authenticity.
We keep it really real!
Harry Brelsford is the founder of SMB Nation (www.smbnation.com) from Bainbridge Island, Wash. He is a long-time SMB channel partner who has served customers and mentored other partners (SMB Nation has over 49,000 members who are Managed Services Providers (MSPs) and SMB technology consultants). He oversees the popular SMB Nation workflow including content and events (webinars, workshops and multi-day conferences).
He holds an MBA in Project Management from the University of Denver (and numerous certifications such as MCSE, MCT, CNE, et al) and is the author of 21 books on technology and business topics. His 20 years of SMB technology experience were supplemented by teaching 12+ years at night as an adjunct professor at Seattle Pacific University and other higher-learning institutions. He served as the Dean in the Graduate School of Technology at Aspen University (where he was awarded a PhD in Letters).
Harry is an in-demand speaker at industry events. Harry’s recent books include the “How to Be an MSP” and he has published over 400-articles in business (Washington CEO, Colorado Business, Alaska Business Monthly) and technology magazine (ChannelPro, Microsoft Certified Professional magazine, etc.). An active entrepreneur, Harry is the force behind the Pocket MBA, Telephonation, Cloud Nation and XPmigrations.com. His latest startup is 420MSP.
I am the owner of ABC Solutions, LLC. We are a full service accounting firm located in Clearwater, Florida. We specialize in working with MSPs to maximize profits through understanding their financial reports, making informed business decisions, and developing metrics to measure their success.
I am the co-host of a podcast series called PSA Impact (psaimpact.net). We discuss all things PSA. Tips, tricks, trends in the IT Channel, and maximizing profits by making your PSA work for your company.
I am enthusiastic and passionate about helping small businesses (those with 10-100 employees) to eliminate all the hassle, waste and headaches of all things digital in their office. Our TotalCare Plus program is dedicated to taking over the support and maintenance of business computer networks. My vision is simple: to provide small businesses with the same enterprise-level IT services and support that larger companies have, but at a price small businesses can afford.
I do this by working with professionals of all levels and/or teams to build strong Intentional and empathetic Leaders that inspires others to greatness!
Frank is an Editor, Technology Analyst, Researcher, and Futurist. Frank focuses on IT and OT solutions used in the enterprise and SMB markets. Frank has extensive experience in the fields of cybersecurity, robotic process automation, low code platforms, and numerous enterprise level solutions. Frank is also very familiar with the IT Channel. Frank has experience as a business analyst & consultant, editor, author, blogger, and is a frequent contributor to several leading technology publications. Frank has contributed reviews, analyst reports, white papers, technology primers, and thought leadership articles to numerous publications, including eWeek, Forbes, Entrepreneur Magazine, CIO, Enterprise Security Planet, Enterprise Networking Planet, Desktop Engineering Magazine, SD Times, Techrepublic, DevOps.com, Security Boulevard, and numerous other publications. Frank has written numerous white papers and research reports for fortune 5000 companies, including IBM, Microsoft, Shell Oil, HP, Apple, Dell, and several other organizations. Frank also moderates roundtables at industry events, presents at industry events and helps organize industry events.
President and Founding Partner
Director of Sales and Marketing
I want to help you to NEVER have to WORRY about your technology again!
I want to introduce you to a BETTER way of providing IT SUPPORT.
I have been active in the technology community for over 20 years. In this time I have held various roles. Web developer, network engineer, consultant, account manager, community leader, speaker, moderator, sales and marketing director.
In all of this time I have excelled at two main things:
➢ I love to solve complex problems that lead to better operational efficiency.
➢ I can clearly communicate technology concepts in plain business language.
The result is that you will ALWAYS UNDERSTAND exactly what to expect from your trusted IT Partner. We can plan out what is needed to allow your business to thrive and then my team can provide the necessary support to keep everything right on track.
CTO and Co-Founder
Robert Cioffi, CTO & Co-Founder, pursued an entrepreneurial calling in 1993 to establish Progressive Computing with co-owner and college buddy, Ugo Chiulli. In his career at Progressive Computing, Robert has worked diligently to build the non-negotiable core values on which his company stands: Humble Confidence, Teamwork, Commitment and Respect.
Robert is widely known to be an expert public speaker on a variety technology topics. His pragmatic, decisive and creative personality is evident in the dozens of business magazine articles published by or about him in the last 2 decades including Westchester Commerce and 914Inc. He has appeared on CNBC to speak on national issues affecting small business in 2014. Robert has served as an official partner advisor to several technology companies such as Microsoft and Axcient, and is actively engaged in the IT Nation Evolve Peer Group as Facilitator for 2 different groups.
At heart, Robert is a “Go Giver” and a teacher. He was a CCD Instructor for 16 years, Lector and Council Leader in his local church, a former Board Member of the Greenburgh Public Library Foundation, and former Chairperson for the Yonkers Thrives Initiative.
Pocket MBA for MSPs
Start the day with the Pocket MBA for MSPs foundation. In this interactive session, you will write down your Strengths/Weaknesses/Opportunities/Threats (SWOT) in three buckets:
This start will set you up for the balance of the day as we double-click into the MSP 2023 mindset.
You will work in small groups to complete this exercise.
WARNING: This is primarily a storytelling panel so bring your questions for the experts to answer. Sometimes you have to pause, take a step back to take two steps forward. There’s no better time to get your act together than NOW as we chart new territories. Starting with panelists storytelling, we’ll quickly take audience questions which makes this one of the most valuable sessions.
Current Environment and forecast: M&A activity is typically framed up as an open or closed window. The window is open! The good news is you can participate in the current MSP M&A boom. In this session, the expert speakers will present the MSP M&A environment and also make forward looking statements. This is your opportunity to size up the “gold rush” in MSP M&A activity.
The Big Notebook: Speed is everything in the world of MSP M&A deals. Now is the time to engage in internal due diligence and create that big notebook with everything ready to go fast-fast. Experience ahs shown the longer you spend assembling your documentation to present to the acquirer, your entity depreciates. Time is not on your side. While is session is oriented to the sell-side, there is also great content for the buy-side so everyone wins.
Modes, Metrics and Valuations. It’s all about maturity and math. Assessing where you are at on the maturity continuum will determine what your M&A strategy. We’ll review the Mode Mindset ™ Profiles. Next up will be the math with metrics, multipliers and expectation management when it comes to valuations.
A buffet of new opportunities await you!
- UCaaS and POTS deadline (August 6 2022)
- Countercyclical Niches
- Lifecycle Management and TPM
- Cybersecurity and Security Awareness Training
- Cybersecurity Security Insurance
BONUS: Side Hustles
It’s very simple!
1. Please look over your handout for side hustles including Catalant and GLG.
2. Walk up to Mark and Harry during the reception for a 1:1 side hustle conversation and demo. Hey earning $300 for your advice ain’t a bad way to go!
If you’re being honest, you likely have unbillable slack hours in your MSP ecosystem. Consider both formal and informal side-hustles. Formal approaches include expert networks. Informal approaches include being a guest in the booth of your favorite vendor, assisting with billable influencer marketing and more.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Again, very simple. Any MSP of any size from any station in life. Of course VARs, IT Service Providers and those seeking to become an MSP will dramatically benefit too.
HOW TO ATTEND
Complete the registration and you are IN with a reserved seat!
Our event ticket is modestly priced to encourage your participation.
- Full Ticket: $99 USD
- Discounted Ticket: $49 (email Harry Brelsford at firstname.lastname@example.org for a discount code).
BONUS: Each attendee will receive an eBook copy of “The Pocket MBA” that is the latest book from Harry Brelsford (a $59.95 value).
RESERVE YOUR SPOT HERE!
Thursday, July 27, 2023
9:00am – 5:00pm
- 9:00AM – Registration and Coffee
- 9:30AM – Welcome and Introductory Remarks
- 9:35AM – 9:55AM Community Sponsor N-Able
- 9:55AM – 10:15AM Community Sponsor
- 10:15AM – 11:00AM Pocket MBA
- 11:00AM – 11:10AM Break
- 11:10AM – 12:00PM MSP Monsters!
- 12:00PM – 1:15PM LUNCH and Sponsor Showcase
- 2:00PM – 2:45PM MSP M&A
- 2:20PM – 2:50PM New Niches
- 2:50PM – 3:00PM BREAK
- 3:00PM – 3:20PM Community Sponsor
- 3:20PM – 3:40PM – Community Sponsor
- 3:40pm – 5:00pm – Sponsor Showcase
- 5:00PM – End of Day
This event is being held at the Princeton Italian-American Sportsmen’s Club! .
SPONSORS (Present and Past)
FEATURED SPONSOR: N-ABLE
Built on a scalable platform, N‑able offers secure infrastructure and tools to simplify complex ecosystems, as well as resources to navigate evolving IT needs. Approximately 25,000 IT services providers around the world trust N‑able solutions to run their business and secure and manage their small and mid-size enterprise customers. Visit N-Able!
“We made seven (7) appointments in the first 36-hours after the event! We’re very pleased and will repeat.“
SMB Nation Events Resume (Selected)
2016 Office 365 and Windows 10 Roadshow for Managed Services Providers, Cloud Services Providers, Resellers, IT Pros and Consultants
5. Washington DC
2015 Office 365 Resellers / Managed Services Providers Tour
2. Silicon Valley
7. Washington DC
2015 Windows 10 launch events for resellers/MSPs
1. New York City, New York – June 2nd 2015
2. Los Angeles, California – June 9th 2015
3. Redmond, Washington – June 16th 2015
4. Fort Lauderdale, Florida – June 23rd 2015
5. Austin TX – June 25th 2015
2014 Worldwide Modern Tour
1. Auckland, New Zealand 3/27/2014
1. Bangalore, India 6/10/2014
2. Cape Town, South Africa 5/22/2014
3. Dubai, United Arab Emirates 5/8/2014
4. Dublin, Ireland 4/23/2014
5. Hong Kong, China 3/21/2014
6. Istanbul, Turkey 5/13/2014
7. Johannesburg, South Africa 5/20/2014
8. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 3/17/2014
9. Madrid, Spain 5/6/2014
10. Manila, Philippines 3/19/2014
11. Mexico City, Mexico 4/1/2014
12. Milan, Italy 6/13/2014
13. Mississauga, ON, Canada 6/4/2014
14. Montréal, QC, Canada 6/6/2014
15. Moscow, Russia 5/22/2014
16. Prague, Czech Republic 5/21/2014
17. Reading, United Kingdom 4/1/2014
18. Sao Paulo, Brazil 3/20/2014
19. Singapore, Singapore 3/14/2014
20. Stockholm, Sweden 5/27/2014
21. Sydney, Australia 3/25/2014
22. Taipei, Taiwan 4/29/2014
23. Warsaw, Poland 6/4/2014