“You put on a terrific event and thanks again for bringing your roadshow to Princeton and letting us be part of it.”
Tom Ireland (he/him)
Managing Partner, Nightstar Partners
“The MSP Rescue event reminded me how much I love connecting with MSPs in a relaxed, collaborative environment. I was happy to serve on the MSP Pocket MBA panel. Everyone was eager to share best practices and actively looking for ways to help one another.”
Director – PartnerReady
“I wanted to specially thank you for hosting such a wonderful event. I would not have missed it for anything in the world. I feel like i have a new family in the industry.”
Obi Ibeto, Founder/CEO
“Thanks again for the MSP conference in Chicago last week. My associate Mario and I really enjoyed it and learned a ton while making some great connections.”
Jim Xintaris, IT Director – DavisPowers
“I really met a lot of great people and gained insightful knowledge about the MSP business. The other participants who I met seemed really energized by the event.”
-Loren Willaims, PCs for People
“I enjoyed the overall session yesterday, and the panel I was on as well. You’ve done a great job putting it all together. I was especially impressed with the caliber of people on my panel. Thank you for the opportunity.”
George Kriza, CEO – Challenging Decisions
“Thanks again for the great event! If I can do anything at all to be more involved to help, please feel free to let me know and ask! I love being involved in this community!”
Jeff Grenier, Field Engineering Manager – Firelands IT Services
Live events are back! From “real” custom content to networking with like-minded Managed Services Providers, this event was designed for you, the ATTENDEE, from the ground up. It’s not designed for vendors to provide over-the-top pitches.
What you’ll find:
- ZERO POWERPOINT SLIDES! We’re all about PANELS and not PPTX!
- Content that is IMMEDIATELY ACTIONABLE. The host, SMB Nation, is well-known for being an MSP content machine and the MSP Rescue Roadshow is no different. Custom content was developed for this gathering not available anywhere else.
- “Blue Ocean” Inspiration and Motivation. The law of attraction is that optimistic successful people like successful people (and want to do business with them). Not only are our speakers and panelist esteemed and accomplished experts, so are many audience members.
- You have QUESTIONS and we have ANSWERS. The event format is interactive.
- Network Opportunities. Many MSPs believe the value of a LIVE EVENT is the in-person networking opportunities. This is true across any industry but particularly acute in the Small and Medium Business (SMB) space. Bring your business cards to share with peers that understand and get you.
- You are NOT ALONE! Working as an SMB MSP, while thrilling, can also be lonely. One of the great compliments we have received at our events is that you discover we’re all in this together and you are not alone.
WHAT IS IT?
It’s very simple.
Inspired by the popular TV cable show “Bar Rescue,” the MSP Rescue Roadshow realizes anyone, and everyone can improve their MSP operations. This one-day event focuses on success factors ranging from uncovering internal operational efficiencies to hedging your services, solutions and client offerings that include counter-cyclical elements.
Over the course of the day, in an audience interactive format, you will glean insights into the basic functions of directing an MSP practice from operations, sales and marketing, service delivery and strategic thinking.
By design, we have a comfortable start in the morning and conclude in the late afternoon.
This one-day event is akin to a continuing education day (such as lawyers and doctors attend) to help you STAY CURRENT.
Our presenters and panelists include:
- Harry (SMB MSP OG) Brelsford, CEO and Founder – SMB Nation
- Karl Palachuk, Owner, Small Biz Thoughts
- Rayanne Buchianico, Owner, MSP Accountant and PSA Consultant at ABC Solutions, LLC
- Mark Moreno, CEO – The Moreno Group
- Keith J. Nelson, Ph.D, CTO/CISO – Vistem Solutions, Inc.
- Josh Weiss, Director of Operations – Logic Technology Consulting Group
- Greg Plum, Director / Principal – North America – PartnerReady
- Adnan Rafique, Cyber Security / IT Career Coach – iMentorCloud
- Jeffrey Goldstein, Managing Director Microsoft Dynamics 365 – Queue Associates
- Denis Wilson, President – DWP Information Architects Inc
- Paul Dobbins, Chief Growth Officer – Ostra Cybersecurity
- Brian Freistat, Senior Account Manager – SecurityStudio
Check back often as we are adding more amazing speakers!
This event has the SMB Nation stamp of approval and authenticity.
We keep it really real!
Harry Brelsford is the founder of SMB Nation (www.smbnation.com) from Bainbridge Island, Wash. He is a long-time SMB channel partner who has served customers and mentored other partners (SMB Nation has over 49,000 members who are Managed Services Providers (MSPs) and SMB technology consultants). He oversees the popular SMB Nation workflow including content and events (webinars, workshops and multi-day conferences).
He holds an MBA in Project Management from the University of Denver (and numerous certifications such as MCSE, MCT, CNE, et al) and is the author of 21 books on technology and business topics. His 20 years of SMB technology experience were supplemented by teaching 12+ years at night as an adjunct professor at Seattle Pacific University and other higher-learning institutions. He served as the Dean in the Graduate School of Technology at Aspen University (where he was awarded a PhD in Letters).
Harry is an in-demand speaker at industry events. Harry’s recent books include the “How to Be an MSP” and he has published over 400-articles in business (Washington CEO, Colorado Business, Alaska Business Monthly) and technology magazine (ChannelPro, Microsoft Certified Professional magazine, etc.). An active entrepreneur, Harry is the force behind the Pocket MBA, Telephonation, Cloud Nation and XPmigrations.com. His latest startup is 420MSP.
Keith J. Nelson, Ph.D.
Experienced Vice President Of Technology with a demonstrated history of working in the information technology and services industry. Skilled in Sales, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Team Building, Servers, and Data Center. Strong entrepreneurship professional graduated from Sunny Hills.
With over 20 years of experience as a writer, speaker, blogger, podcaster, business coach, and technology consultant, I have a passion for helping IT professionals to be better at the business side of their business. I am the owner of Small Biz Thoughts, a platform that provides training, resources, and community for SMB technology consultants and the vendors who serve them.
I am also the founder of the National Society of IT Service Providers, a professional association that represents and promotes the interests of SMB IT consultants. I focus on education, professionalism, and advocacy for the IT industry. Additionally, I am the author of several books, including Relax Focus Succeed, a guide to balancing your personal and professional lives and becoming more successful in both. I have multiple certifications, publications, and honors in the IT field, and I specialize in network documentation, managed services, and project management.
Accountant, business consultant, Autotask consultant, teacher, writer, and speaker.
I am the owner of ABC Solutions, LLC. We are a full service accounting firm located in Clearwater, Florida. We specialize in working with MSPs to maximize profits through understanding their financial reports, making informed business decisions, and developing metrics to measure their success.
I am the co-host of a podcast series called PSA Impact (psaimpact.net). We discuss all things PSA. Tips, tricks, trends in the IT Channel, and maximizing profits by making your PSA work for your company.
I’m an I.T. expert and business leader with specialties in Cyber Security, Digital Transformation and Automation.
My first tech job was back at 8 years old 👶🏻, helping to promote a local children’s software store. The 3+ decades since then have included running my online Bulletin Board in the early 90’s, selling books and records online in the early aughts, 5 years running tech for radio stations, building computer labs in rural Guatemalan towns and 20 years performing as a DJ and producing music events.
This varied experience led me to launch LA Creative Technologies in 2009 – leveraging my nerdy 🤓 skills to help people get things done. My love of technology and fixing things has evolved over the years into a passion for delivering IT solutions that empower artists, creators and startup entrepreneurs to overcome obstacles that accompany business growth.
The best part of my job is studying clients’ businesses, discovering their unique needs and then developing tailored solutions that enable them to grow. I create tools and services to increase productivity, increase revenues, and improve efficiency.
Preferring to eschew buzzy, jargony consultant speak, I provide technology and project management expertise through a human-centered approach that includes meaningful, productive conversations and collaboration.
As a Director / Principal at PartnerReady, I help technology companies grow their revenue and reach through effective channel strategies and programs. I have over 20 years of experience in building and managing partner ecosystems for SaaS providers, and I am a recognized thought leader and speaker in the industry.
I also facilitate PartnerReady’s Ecosystem Academy, a training and coaching program that guides technology founders and leaders in creating and scaling their own partner networks. Additionally, I serve as a subject matter expert and faculty member for CompTIA, the world’s leading IT trade association, and contribute to their professional development courses and certifications. My core mission is to empower technology innovators and entrepreneurs with the knowledge, skills, and connections they need to succeed in the global market.
Cyber Security / IT Career Coach
Adnan is a highly experienced technology professional with a wealth of expertise in Enterprise IT Governance, Information Security Governance, and IT Risk Management. With a career spanning numerous industries and organizations, Adnan has developed a broad and deep understanding of diverse technologies, making him a sought-after expert in his field of Information Security.
One of Adnan’s areas of specialization is Cloud Security Architecture, where he has helped design and implement robust security frameworks for cloud-based environments. His knowledge extends beyond technical solutions, as he also possesses a keen understanding of the business implications and regulatory requirements surrounding cloud security.
Owner and Founder
I love helping organizations with business transformation and business automation!
Queue Associates Worldwide is the Largest Microsoft Dynamics 365 GOLD Certified Partner in the New York Metro Area supporting over 430 customers worldwide specializing in the implementation of the Microsoft Dynamics Accounting, Financial and CRM solutions. Our experience is with the Microsoft Dynamics 365, AX, CRM, NAV, GP & SL software solutions. We assist clients with the selection, installation, configuration, setup and support of these solutions. We specialize in implementation of solutions for domestic and international organizations.
COUNTRIES: US, UK, Hong Kong, China, Germany.
Professional & Business Services
Project Management and Accounting
Business Intelligence and Reporting
Sales and Marketing
Procurement and Sourcing
Supply Chain Management
Human Capital Management
Global Risk and Compliance
Chief Growth Officer, Ostra Cybersecurity
Paul Dobbins has years of experience in business leadership and growing early-stage companies. He is Chief Growth Officer at Ostra Cybersecurity, a multi-layered and fully managed Security as a Service. Ostra’s proprietary solutions combine Fortune 100-caliber tools, tech and talent to ensure threats are not only detected and hunted, but also fully remediated for businesses of all sizes.
Before joining the team at Ostra, Dobbins spent nearly two decades building and leading successful sales, marketing and support teams for startups and billion-dollar corporations across multiple industries. Paul held various leadership positions at ProtectCELL during its meteoric rise to make the Inc. 500 list of fastest-growing companies. Following ProtectCELL’s sale to Fortegra, Paul continued in various leadership positions to help transform their warranty team into a significant growth engine for the company. Previously, Paul earned and maintained a full academic scholarship while completing his B.S.B.A. with an emphasis in MIS and Marketing Management from Southeast Missouri State University.
Senior Account Manager, SecurityStudio
Brian Freistat is a results-driven Senior Account Manager at SecurityStudio, a leading provider of cybersecurity Risk Management solutions. With a diverse professional background, including roles as a National Account Manager at Vertical Axion, MSP Account Manager at Equus Computer Systems, Western Regional Services Manager at SYNNEX, and Partner Support at CharTec, Inc., Brian has developed a strong understanding of the industry. Brian brings a unique perspective to his role, fostering collaborative relationships with clients and delivering tailored solutions to meet their specific needs. His expertise in account management and deep knowledge of the cybersecurity landscape makes him a valuable asset in helping organizations navigate and strengthen their security business.
President, DWP Information Architects
WHAT ARE THE ISSUES I’VE HEARD FROM SMALL AND MID-SIZED BUSINESS OWNERS?
1. My network expenses are all over the map, and I don’t why.
2. My IT services aren’t reliable, compliant or secure. Why doesn’t the project make sense?
3. My employees aren’t happy with an IT guy that treats them like idiots and doesn’t talk to them in simple English.
4. My customers aren’t thrilled with our computer downtime and my company looks non-competitive to them.
HERE ARE THE TYPE OF STRATEGIES THAT YOU CAN USE, AT LOW OR NO-COST, TO ADDRESS THE PROBLEMS
1. A Network Assessment that tells you specifically what is working and what isn’t meeting the goals.
2. A Risk Assessment that performs a Dark Web, HIPAA, or PCI scan and gives you the level of risk you have, outlines regulatory compliance issues, outlines the financial and criminal risk possibilities.
3. Build a solution teaming the managers and the users with the virtual IT staff, align it to the business goals and budget – and then test it via a try-before-buy trial of the specific solutions that you are considering.
4. Further, look for a satisfaction guaranty that allows you to decide whether you are good with the solution as implemented and allows you to cancel without cost, and with a full refund.
HOW DO I HELP OUR CLIENTS?
We work with small, high-growth companies, typically in highly regulated industries, like finance and legal services businesses, engineering and manufacturing:
1. We meet with the staff periodically to review, plan, and strategize – and provide reports monthly
2. We provide web-based cybersecurity awareness training with live-user testing and Microsoft Office 365 applications training so staff can quickly get empowered and productive.
3. Our Network Operations Center monitors our client’s IT solutions watching 24/7 for issues.
4. Our Help Desk knows their network, their business, and helps users out of jams anytime and anyplace.
To learn more about how you might take advantage, see the white papers, videos, and case studies below. If you are ready to contact me, let’s chat. Go to my appointment calendar at calendly.com/deniswilson, and block out a call time.
MSP Hot Seat!
The panel will perform a real live MSP Rescue for one audience member who will literally sit in the HOT SEAT on stage. Probing questions, sage advice and audience feedback are all part of this hour. One MSP will be selected to keep it real and add value.
WARNING: This is primarily a storytelling panel so bring your questions for the experts to answer. Sometimes you have to pause, take a step back to take two steps forward. There’s no better time to get your act together than NOW as we chart new territories. Starting with panelists storytelling, we’ll quickly take audience questions which makes this one of the most valuable sessions.
Current Environment and forecast: M&A activity is typically framed up as an open or closed window. The window is open! The good news is you can participate in the current MSP M&A boom. In this session, the expert speakers will present the MSP M&A environment and also make forward looking statements. This is your opportunity to size up the “gold rush” in MSP M&A activity.
The Big Notebook: Speed is everything in the world of MSP M&A deals. Now is the time to engage in internal due diligence and create that big notebook with everything ready to go fast-fast. Experience ahs shown the longer you spend assembling your documentation to present to the acquirer, your entity depreciates. Time is not on your side. While is session is oriented to the sell-side, there is also great content for the buy-side so everyone wins.
Modes, Metrics and Valuations. It’s all about maturity and math. Assessing where you are at on the maturity continuum will determine what your M&A strategy. We’ll review the Mode Mindset ™ Profiles. Next up will be the math with metrics, multipliers and expectation management when it comes to valuations.
A buffet of new opportunities await you!
- UCaaS and POTS deadline (August 6 2022)
- Displacing your MSP competition with video surveillance)
- Countercyclical Niches
- CMMC and DOD
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Lifecycle Management and TPM
- Cybersecurity and Security Awareness Training
- Cybersecurity Security Insurance
- Zero Trust Architecture
- Identity Protection and Management
- Data Security and Encryption in the Clod
- Multi-cloud Security Posture Management
Transparency Matters: Why We’re Losing the War on Cyber Terror
Michael Kennedy, founder of Ostra Cybersecurity, has a passion for transparency. Unfortunately, it’s much harder to find than it should be—especially within the guarded, highly competitive culture of today’s cybersecurity industry.
So why should clients assume the “solutions” we sell will actually make them safer, versus just padding our profits? Trust is eroded when phrases like ‘where there’s mystery, there’s margin’ permeate the culture. Join us for an unfiltered discussion on how a transparency revolution would benefit your MSP, your clients, and the cybersecurity community at large. We’ll also uncover four essential, trust-building qualities that leaders in the tech industry should model.
BONUS: Side Hustles
It’s very simple!
1. Please look over your handout for side hustles including ChannelWise, Catalant and GLG.
2. Walk up to Mark and Harry during the reception for a 1:1 side hustle conversation and demo. Hey earning $300 for your advice ain’t a bad way to go!
If you’re being honest, you likely have unbillable slack hours in your MSP ecosystem. Consider both formal and informal side-hustles. Formal approaches include expert networks. Informal approaches include being a guest in the booth of your favorite vendor, assisting with billable influencer marketing and more.
You Can’t Go It Alone: Finding Your Trusted Cybersecurity Community
In an ecosystem as complex as cybersecurity, community and trust are paramount—especially for MSPs. One company alone can never be the “end-all, be-all solution” for any client.
But with so many cyber products and vendors flooding the market, how do you know who you can (or should) trust? And how do you form the right strategic partnerships that will help you better protect your clients AND grow your business?
In this roundtable discussion, join us for a candid conversation about the challenges we all face in this industry. We will tackle:
- Why the channel is broken, and why MSPs are paying the price
- Tips for finding the right cybersecurity partners
- How to ask the right questions (and identify red flags)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Again, very simple. Any MSP of any size from any station in life. Of course VARs, IT Service Providers and those seeking to become an MSP will dramatically benefit too.
HOW TO ATTEND
Complete the registration and you are IN with a reserved seat! But we limit this workshop to 100 attendees 😉
Our event ticket is modestly priced to encourage your participation. (Kindly note your basic attendee information will be shared with our community supporters/sponsors). All ticket proceeds will be donated equally to a Lahaina, Maui MSP (Uli) and a Veteran’s Charity. Support your fellow MSPs and Vets!!!
- Full Ticket: $99 USD
- Discounted Ticket: $49 (email Harry Brelsford at email@example.com for a discount code).
BONUS: Each attendee will receive an eBook copy of “The Pocket MBA” that is the latest book from Harry Brelsford (a $59.95 value).
RESERVE YOUR SPOT HERE!
Friday, November 29, 2023
9:00am – 5:00pm
- 9:00AM – Registration and Coffee
- 9:30AM – Welcome and Introductory Remarks
- 9:35AM – 9:55AM Community Sponsor: AOM Partner!
- 9:55AM – 10:15AM Community Sponsor
- 10:15AM – 11:00AM MSP Hot Seat
- 11:00AM – 11:10AM Break
- 11:10AM – 12:00PM MSP Monsters!
- 12:00PM – 1:15PM LUNCH and Sponsor Showcase
- 1:15PM – 2:20PM MSP M&A
- 2:20PM – 2:55PM New Niches
- 2:55PM – 3:00PM BREAK
- 3:00PM – 3:20PM Community Sponsor
- 3:20PM – 3:40PM – You Can’t Go It Alone: Finding Your Trusted Cybersecurity Community
- 3:40pm – 5:00pm – Sponsor Showcase
- 5:00PM – End of Day
This event is being held at the American Legion Los Alamitos Post 716
HELP US SUPPORT OUR VETERANS!
SPONSORS (Present and Past)
FEATURED SPONSOR: N-ABLE
Built on a scalable platform, N‑able offers secure infrastructure and tools to simplify complex ecosystems, as well as resources to navigate evolving IT needs. Approximately 25,000 IT services providers around the world trust N‑able solutions to run their business and secure and manage their small and mid-size enterprise customers. Visit N-Able!
“We made seven (7) appointments in the first 36-hours after the event! We’re very pleased and will repeat.“
SMB Nation Events Resume (Selected)
2016 Office 365 and Windows 10 Roadshow for Managed Services Providers, Cloud Services Providers, Resellers, IT Pros and Consultants
5. Washington DC
2015 Office 365 Resellers / Managed Services Providers Tour
2. Silicon Valley
7. Washington DC
2015 Windows 10 launch events for resellers/MSPs
1. New York City, New York – June 2nd 2015
2. Los Angeles, California – June 9th 2015
3. Redmond, Washington – June 16th 2015
4. Fort Lauderdale, Florida – June 23rd 2015
5. Austin TX – June 25th 2015
2014 Worldwide Modern Tour
1. Auckland, New Zealand 3/27/2014
1. Bangalore, India 6/10/2014
2. Cape Town, South Africa 5/22/2014
3. Dubai, United Arab Emirates 5/8/2014
4. Dublin, Ireland 4/23/2014
5. Hong Kong, China 3/21/2014
6. Istanbul, Turkey 5/13/2014
7. Johannesburg, South Africa 5/20/2014
8. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 3/17/2014
9. Madrid, Spain 5/6/2014
10. Manila, Philippines 3/19/2014
11. Mexico City, Mexico 4/1/2014
12. Milan, Italy 6/13/2014
13. Mississauga, ON, Canada 6/4/2014
14. Montréal, QC, Canada 6/6/2014
15. Moscow, Russia 5/22/2014
16. Prague, Czech Republic 5/21/2014
17. Reading, United Kingdom 4/1/2014
18. Sao Paulo, Brazil 3/20/2014
19. Singapore, Singapore 3/14/2014
20. Stockholm, Sweden 5/27/2014
21. Sydney, Australia 3/25/2014
22. Taipei, Taiwan 4/29/2014
23. Warsaw, Poland 6/4/2014